ArmDrag.com is looking for volunteers to help populate the Archives.
We're not only looking for results, but tournament brackets, photos, and
articles as well. Many college and public libraries have microform copies
of complete newspapers dating back over 100 years. In them, you can find
lots of wrestling results. If you enjoy doing research, and you have some time,
make a trip to the library and check it out. Ask a librarian how to get
started and how to print out the articles that you find.
Titan Wrestling Club Open
@ SUNY Albany (Albany, NY)
Sunday, November 5, 2006
Team Final - No team scoring
1. Gallaway Longenecker (Alfred State) dec. Zach Condidorio (Alfred State), 3-0
3. Corey Merchant (Alfred State)
1. Devin Hennessey (Alfred State) dec. Steve Black (Alfred State), 5-3;sv
2 or 3.* Kirk Nielson (SUNY Albany)
1. Derek Traham (URI)
2. Ed Mahosky (Alfred State)
3. Shane Ryan (SUNY Albany)
1. Mike Daugherty (Alfred State) dec. Matt Palmer (Alfred State), 3-1
3. Jake Blake (Unattached)
1. Chris Marks (Alfred State) dec. Rob Venditti (RPI), 9-5
3. Devin Skinner (Unattached)
1. Kyle Amidon (Alfred State) p. Ryan Fitzgerald (SUNY Albany), 4.8 seconds
3. Kevin Conway (SUNY Albany)
1. Matt Frank (Unattached)
2. Bryan Phillips (URI)
3. James Whittet (SUNY Albany)
1. Jordan Hughson (Alfred State) dec. Tierro Davis (SUNY Albany), 10-5
3. Eric Pace (RPI)
1. Jaret Grossman (Bryant University)
2. Jeremiah Victor (Unattached)
3. Dave Cardella (RPI)
1. Andy Wright (Alfred State)
2. Bryan Lillie (Unattached)
3. Zac Beauman (RPI)
1. Chris Reyes (Unattached)
2. Dwight Manganro (RPI)
3. Josh Labossiere (Bryant University)
* Conflicting reports do not give a clear indication of the 2nd & 3rd place
finishers at 133 pounds. If you know what really happened, please notify
Strong Showing in Opener on the Mats
The Alfred State College wrestling team opened up the 2006-07 campaign in a big
way at the University of Albany Titan Wrestling Club Open. Six Pioneers won
individual titles and the team finished with a 33-8 record on the mat with 15
Kyle Amidon (Canisteo Greenwood) was 4-0 with three pins at 165 lbs. to win the
title. He won his championship match with a pin just 4.8 seconds into the match.
Gallaway Longenecker (Manheim) won the title at 125 lbs. with a 3-0 record (two
pins). He defeated teammate Zach Condidorio (LeRoy) 3-2 in the finals.
Condidorio finished 2-1 on the day with a pin.
Chris Marks (Barkhamsted, CT) won the 157 lb. weight class title with a 3-0 mark
with two pins. He defeated Rob Vendetti of RPI 9-5 in the finals.
The freshmen trio of Devin Hennessey (Bridgewater-Raynham), Michael Dougherty
(Oxford Academy), and Jordan Hughson (Holley) also picked up championships.
Hennessey finished 3-0 and defeated teammate Stephen Black (Campbell Savona) 5-3
in the finals of the 133 lb. weight class. Dougherty was 3-0 on the day and
downed teammate Matt Palmer (CW Baker) 3-1 in the finals at 149. Hughson
finished 3-0 with a pin at 184 lbs. He defeated Tierro Davis 10-5 in the finals.
Edmund Mahosky (Wayne) finished 2-1 at 141 lbs to earn 2nd place while Andrew
Wright (Hilton) finished 2-1 with a pin at heavyweight to earn 2nd place.
Teams represented at the tournament included the University of Albany,
Springfield Tech CC, Yoshiba College, RPI, the University of Rhode Island, and
The Pioneers have over a week off before opening up WNYAC dual meet action on
Tuesday November 14 at Jamestown CC.